Wednesday, October 31, 2012

An embarrassing confession...

Well, the confession isn't so embarrassing as the moment, and even that, in the larger scheme of things, isn't *THAT* embarrassing... except it is a little.

So, I told you a month or so ago that I put a sign on my wall.  I live alone.  I have few guests in my home, and sadly none that go into my bedroom.  So whatever I post on the wall with blue painter's tape is pretty much guaranteed to be seen only by me.

And IF there is such an occasion when someone else might come by, well, a quick tug on the sign can always be done.

If I remember.

And if I notice.

My house is a hodge podge of remodelled and added on to parts.  My bedroom, for example, is definitely not original, and is MUCH better insulated than most of the house.  And it wasn't necessarily designed as a bedroom, given that what looks like a closet is actually where the furnace and hot water heater are.

So, when I came home recently from a weekend trip away, and discovered my furnace wasn't working, I called my landlord.

I did do a little tidying in the rest of the house, and made sure there was a clear easy path to the door to the room where the furnace is.  Moved the trunk that usually sits in front of the door since it only gets opened a few times a year (at most).

And the landlord called a guy who does furnaces.  And the furnace guy came.

And only after he had left, later that evening, did I notice that I still had the sign on the wall..

Oops. 

I'm thinking if I didn't notice, maybe he didn't.  But who knows?

And who knows what he thinks about a woman who isn't the most tidy with a sign in big black sharpie that says, "Before I go to bed at night, I will clean my sink!"  Particularly when it was clear that the sink might have been (and it wasn't) the only thing that was clean...

Oh well.

Back to your original program now...

No comments:

Post a Comment