Friday, July 20, 2012

Klout - Or Why You Should Listen To Me!

So, a little while back, I was surprised to discover I had Klout.  It's not like I had applied for an account or anything.  But nonetheless, Klout had found me, and had determined I was an expert in 13 areas.  Including dessert, Mormons and Pneumonia (which I still have no idea how I qualified for that... Maybe they know something about my health that I don't? *cough* *cough*)

Now while I was amused and intrigued by the areas it thought I had influence, what I loved the most was my Klout score at the time.  It was 42. I mean that's the answer to everything.  It was perfect. 

Yes, you smart readers, that whole foreshadowing thing, that whole past-tense verb thing, that's right, I am no longer 42  *sniff*..

Nope, I've moved up to 44, and apparently am now influential over 20 categories.  The top category? (Where DO they find this stuff?) Nursing. 

Huh?  I can nurse a drink, I guess... because really just one is usually enough to do me in...

I commiserated with @crookedstamper over poison ivy (Damn poltergeist tree!  COVERED, I tell you, COVERED in poison ivy!!) and made a suggestion or two to her about how to handle...

Is that all it took?

Who knows?

But I have Klout  Which means you should keep reading!  And tell others, so my Klout will continue to grow.  My influence continued to grow from 618 people to 811 people. Let's hit 1,000.  Tell your friends.

Resistance IS futile.

P.S.  One thing I *know* is wrong (unlike all above, er, too) is that it says I have influence over "Los Angeles Angels".  No, clearly I do NOT, because if I did, they wouldn't be referred to as the Los Angeles Angels, or even the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.  They'd be the Anaheim Angels, damnit! 

P.P.S.  Don't worry, Pt 4 will be coming... Promise.  Just not tonight (I think..)...

P.P.P.S.  Invest in Calamine lotion.  And by that, I mean buy a bottle and send it to me.  I could use another one.  Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. never quite sure why i have some of the klout i do. but i was SUPER surprised when i logged in the other day and had seen a rise in my klout, and my klout style. It makes me wonder if they at klout changed their algorithm again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally find it very interesting that I'm influential about vegetables since I pretty much never eat them. Also guitars? Wth? I know nothing about guitars. Klout is interesting, for sure. I'm stagnating there but it's okay. I don't mind too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally find it very interesting that I'm influential about vegetables since I pretty much never eat them. Also guitars? Wth? I know nothing about guitars. Klout is interesting, for sure. I'm stagnating there but it's okay. I don't mind too much.

    ReplyDelete